Strangers Again

I'll take down the photographs
From my wall
And act as if I never
Knew you at all
Pretend that I am anyone,
Anyone, but me
What was it that you said
About the sailor and the sea?

Smooth oceans, they don't make great sailors
Smooth oceans, never made a good sailor

Feels like we're strangers again
Hello, What is your name?
Strangers again
Though no one is to blame
And I don't know what to say
To make it all ok

And now you say goodnight
Without the love you part
I think it's only right
It saves a broken heart
I know everything about you
But don't know you anymore
I know everything about you
But I don't know you at all.

And now we're strangers
Who know each other well
And now we're strangers
Best friends, can't you tell.

Very very well.
Very very well.

Strangers Again.

Written : August 2005