Reboot The Universe

I dreamt of you again last night.
And woke to blurry visioned sight.

I think I need a change of scenery.
I think I need a change of me.

And here it goes
We fall again
But darling
Can we still be friends
Another dream
Another place
That you or I
Could not erase
And so it is
The final straw
I watched you
Watch the hummingbirds
I fell from you
And fell from us
And saw our ashes
Turn to dust.

The stars are painted in the sky
And I'm happy to watch them alone
'Cos they were beautiful before you ever arrived
And they'll be beautiful alone.

So could we please
Reboot the universe
Then we could save
Every one of us.
Could we please
Reboot the universe.
I don't know you
And there was no us.
Can we please
Reboot the universe
We don't exist.
We are all thoughtless.

Can we please
Reboot the world.

Written : 7 April, 2007